Meeting with a personal injury lawyer is very important if you want to get the maximum compensation for your personal injury case. Your initial consultation is the best time to ask questions, get to know your lawyer and gain a better understanding of what you expect in moving forward with your personal injury claim.
It is a good idea to prepare before you meet with your personal injury lawyer so you don’t miss anything important. Start by writing down pertinent information about your personal injury case and gathering all appropriate documentation. Next, make a list of questions to ask your lawyer. The list should include questions about your case and questions about the lawyer’s experience and qualifications. Using this list of questions during your consultation will help you make the most of the time. The questions will also help you learn more about your case and build a good client/lawyer relationship.
Some helpful questions to ask your personal injury lawyer include:
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- What type of personal injury case do I have?
- What are my rights?
- What information do I need to provide?
- What is the legal process?
- What is the statute of limitations for my case?
You should also ask questions about the personal injury lawyer and his experience such as:
- What experience do you have handling my type of personal injury case?
- What types of cases have you handled?
- How long have you been in practice?
- What are your fees?
- How do you charge for services?
- Will you be handling my case or do you have a team?
- What is your role in the law firm?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions that are important to you. You want to help ensure that your personal injury attorney has all the information necessary to get you the compensation you deserve.